Thursday, February 5, 2009

Don't go toward the light

We have all heard it before. Stories of people who have had near death experiences and claim to see their life flash before their eyes. Weather it was their whole life or just highlights of it all claimed it was their life's memories. I searched this topic on internet and found so many different points of views. One person would say that it is fear of dying that triggers memories in your lifetime that made you happy, others would say that it's your brain knowing that your dying and going through all of your memories superfast one last time. It is next to impossible to say for sure what you actually see before you die because believe it or not people are not so willing to die and then be brought back to life all to tell a scientist what they saw. Go figure.

While i was searching the internet i found a very interesting question pertaining to this it is "It's said that just before you die, your whole life flashes before you. If so, how does one know we are not seeing it now?" This question was of particular interest to me. There is no way to prove an answer this to question because that would require a greater knowledge than imaginable. For now i guess it will just be your opinion but it really does get you thinking. So how would you answer this question?

3 comments:

  1. That's a weird question. Umm... well with me I don't always have my life flash before my eyes because I usually don't look back that far when thinking or daydreaming. Sometimes I don't even think about anything. So I can for sure say that I am not going to die anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that no, right now we aren't having our lives flash before our eyes. I'm conscious and aware of my surroundings, everything is tangible and I can decipher between real and false. If someone has an argument as to the fact that we are indeed seeing our lives flash before our eyes, then I'd be intrigued to hear their views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A skyscraper and I know that the string is going to break and I will fall to my death, I’m not going to know for sure what my life flashing before my face looks like. I reminisce old times frequently, so does that mean that just because I’m remembering things from when I was younger that I’m going to die? NO, and besides there is no way that it is possible to see your whole life in a flash.

    ReplyDelete