Thursday, April 23, 2009

TIVO's

Remember the old days when there was vcr's and the only way to record shows was on those big bulky tapes. I dont know about you but that seems so far away. Now we have DVR's and the Americans personal favorite, TIVO. Yep, good old TIVO, never lets you down. It is just so convienit, you know. No big bulky tapes to worry about, save you money by not having to buy them also, and no need to fill in the time to record and time to end. All you need to do with TIVO is type in the show you want to tape tell it if you want to tape the whole season or just that episode and its done. I don't know how anyone made it without it. I am just exgxerating but many people aren't. TIVO is one of the most popular electronic iteams out there now. I know that i would never catch the shows that i want to see if it wasn't for TIVO. But my question is, what does it say on us as Americans that we are dependent on things such as TIVO? While most of the world doesn't even have TIVO let alone TV, let alone electicity, let alone a house, are we so spoiled that the average American thinks it is so important to have a TIVO?

3 comments:

  1. I actually am one of those exceptions that don’t own TIVO. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have the world at my fingertips but my parents don’t seem to understand that it’s more of a necessity then a luxury. But I’m a great example that when you don’t have the convenient devices you can still survive, in fact you probably end up watching a lot less T.V. And what a crazy thought that would be. Watching less television! I know its hard to believe but T.V. is not as important as many think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have TIVO, now i have DVR which works the same. Its funny because I record all my shows, but then I don't have time to watch any of them anyways. I just have way to much homework and now I'm talking to a great guy on the phone every day... I should just make time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TIVO me and my sister share it its in her room there I think its the best technology ever inventedddd!!!:)

    ReplyDelete